Naturally Raised. Naturally Delicious.
Cacao Nib Crusted Steak with Red Wine & Chocolate Sauce
- 2 Premium Steaks: Rib Eye, Tenderloin,
NY Strip, or Your Favorite Premium
- 1 Shallot, Minced
- 2 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Your Favorite Red Wine
- 1/2 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Nuance Chocolate Roasted Cacao Nibs, Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix the cocoa and brown sugar together in a small bowl or plate. Lightly coat the steaks on both sides with cocoa/brown sugar mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté or cast-iron skillet. Sear the steaks on each side until each side has a deep chocolate brown crust.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook to desired doneness– about 9-10 minutes for medium rare.
- When steaks have reached your desired doneness, remove the steaks to a platter or cutting board and let rest while making the sauce.
- In the same pan, over medium heat, add the shallots and cook for about 3
minutes, stirring occasionally, until they have softened.
- Add the wine and beef broth; increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by at least a third.
- Add the mustard and stir to combine.
- Add the cacao nibs and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired.
- Finish with 1 Tbsp butter. Add chopped parsley and then spoon the sauce over your steaks.