Naturally Raised. Naturally Delicious.
Corned Beef Brisket
85 Minutes in Instant Pot at high Pressure; 20 minutes Natural Release
- 1 3-4lb Brisket, Untrimmed
- 1 C Kosher Salt
- ¼ C Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Whole Peppercorns
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (optional)
- 1 Tsp Whole Cloves (optional)
- 1 Tsp Whole Allspice
- 1 Tsp Juniper Berries
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seed
- 3 Bay Leaves
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Qt Water
We’ve omitted the pink curing salt from our recipe. While the finished dish won’t be the classic pink you’re used to with store-bought corned beef, the flavor will be more robust and it’s healthier, too.
- Combine all spices with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow to
cool completely and then place brisket in Ziploc bag, pouring in the cooled
brine liquid. Seal securely and refrigerate for at least 5 days, up to 10
- When you’re ready to cook the brisket, discard liquid and rinse brisket
fully to remove all the salt before cooking.
- Use the roasting rack in the Instant Pot and place brisket on the rack. Add
4 cups water.
- Cook for 85 minutes at high pressure, then natural release for 20 minutes. When done, carefully remove lid and remove brisket to a cutting board to rest.
- If desired, while the brisket rests you can add 1 cabbage, cut into wedges;
2-3 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces; and 8-12 small red potatoes to the
Instant Pot, cooking at high pressure for 4 minutes, quick release.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can be used for Reuben Sandwiches or even homemade corned beef hash.