Naturally Raised. Naturally Delicious.
Cajun Hangar Steak
Up to 2 Hours
- 1-2lb Hangar Steak
- Christensen Ranch Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tsp Spicy Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of Hangar Steak and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (no more than 2 hours) to create a brine and tenderize the meat.
- Remove the Hangar Steak from the refrigerator and pat dry.
- Mix Christensen Ranch Cajun Seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper together. Coat steak generously and return to refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- In cast iron grilling pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is very hot, lay the steak in the pan. All to cook for 5-6 minutes. Turn steak over and cook another 4-6 minutes until desired doneness. Remove from pan to plate.
- Pour white wine into the pan to deglaze, stirring in Dijon mustard.
- Bring to a fast simmer and reduce by half. Spoon over steak and enjoy!
This steak is best cooked to medium temperature, 145°F with a warm pink