Beef Breakfast Sausage Sticky Buns
Warm 1/2 cup of jalapeno pepper jelly in a glass 1 cup measuring measuring cup and microwave, uncovered for 45 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir to thoroughly mix together. Let rest for 30 seconds before drizzling over the buns.
For the cream cheese drizzle, combine 1/4 cup softened, reduced-fat cream cheese with 1 Tbsp milk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warmed buns.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Brown the beef breakfast sausage with the red pepper flakes and salt in a skillet with 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles, and stirring occasionally.
3. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the spinach to the skillet and stir to wilt.
4. Unroll pizza dough on a flat surface and roll it out evenly into a 14×10″ rectangle.
5. Spread the sausage mixture evenly on the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border on the short side furthest from you. Spread the shredded cheese evenly over the sausage mixture.
6. Starting at the closest to you short end, roll the dough up, jelly-roll style, pinching to close.
7. Slice the dough into 8 pieces with a serrated knife. Place cut-side up on a greased baking sheet.
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack.
9. While still warm, drizzle the buns with melted jalapeno pepper jelly, or cream cheese drizzle, if desired.