Beer Battered Finger Steaks
Mustard Dipping Sauce
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a 3-quart bowl, making a well in the center. Add the beaten egg and stir together. Add the beer and whisk until smooth. Let batter rest for 15-20 minutes.
2. While batter is resting, trim and cut the steak into strips. Pat dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
3. In large skillet or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 180 degrees F. When hot, dredge the steak strips in the beer batter, and immediately place (gently) into the hot oil. You can cook 6-8 at a time, depending on the size of your fryer or skillet.
4. Let cook until deep golden brown, then turn strips, ensuring both sides are cooked evenly, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a wire rack to cool for about 2 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with your favorite condiment – BBQ sauce, mustard, or ketchup; or use our mustard dipping sauce recipe.