corned beef brisket
1. Combine all spices with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow to cool completely and then place brisket in Ziploc bag, pouring in the cooled brine liquid. Seal securely and refrigerate for at least 5 days, up to 10 days.
2. When you’re ready to cook the brisket, discard liquid and rinse brisket fully to remove all the salt before cooking.
3. Use the roasting rack in the Instant Pot and place brisket on the rack. Add 4 cups water.
4. Cook for 85 minutes at high pressure, then natural release for 20 minutes. When done, carefully remove lid and remove brisket to a cutting board to rest.
5. If desired, while the brisket rests you can add 1 cabbage, cut into wedges; 2-3 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces; and 8-12 small red potatoes to the Instant Pot, cooking at high pressure for 4 minutes, quick release.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers can be used for Reuben Sandwiches or even homemade corned beef hash.
*We’ve omitted the pink curing salt from our recipe. While the finished dish won’t be the classic pink you’re used to with store-bought corned beef, the flavor will be more robust and it’s healthier, too!